Family with Teen(s)
Easter is here! It is a time for singing and rejoicing! There are times in our lives that music just speaks better thank words alone. The following songs are great ways to pray during this Easter Season.
Exploring Stories of the Risen Jesus
- Sunrise and an Amazing Discovery - Mark 16:1-15
- An Earthquake, an Angel, and a Guard’s Tale - Matthew 28:1-15
- Peter, John, and the Holy Shroud - John 20:1-10
- The Mysterious Gardener - John 20:11-18
- The Third Traveler on the Road to Emmaus - Luke 24:13-35
- Can a Ghost Eat? - Luke 24:36-49
- Thomas the Doubter - John 20:19-29
- Fish Fry on the Shore - John 21:1-17
Select a few scenes from the Resurrection of Jesus. Imagine that you are there—it is happening now and you are one of the people in the scene. What would you want to say to Jesus if you could to talk to him?
Discuss these questions as a family:
• Are people reluctant, cautious or afraid? How do you know?
• Was he recognized right away?
• Is there anything Jesus does that isn’t humanly possible?
• How does Jesus bring peace, comfort and/or forgiveness?
The following resource offers scripture and a focus for reflection for each of the 7 weeks of the Easter season. Each week you are also given a symbol to add to your prayer space, a challenge, and some questions to journal with. This would be a great "mini-retreat" to do as a family or on your own.